Are you ready to give your home a fabulous makeover this summer?
Will it be a change of decor or grand transformation of the entire theme?
Check out these creative décor ideas for inspiration…
Now winter is well over we can gear up for a beautiful summer, which is waiting in the winds. This time of year is the time for rejuvenation, rebirth and renewal.
While we are continuing our spring-cleaning, it is also the perfect time to give your home a brand new makeover that is in tune with the season’s spirit.
The hottest interior design trends for summer 2014-2015
The hottest interior design trends for summer 2014-2015 capture the vitality of the season, its many beautiful colours and the freshness in the air.
Now is the time to let your house be engulfed in vivacious hues and bold patterns that will serve you well throughout the summer.
From geometric prints to tropical themes, here is a roundup of the most popular trends set to rule the world of interior design in the coming months.
Go beyond the colour and add some visual interest by playing with additional textures in your home.
Try adding in layers of different surfaces such as 3D wall art, textured wallpaper or art and marble splashbacks. Even a mix of high gloss and low gloss cabinets in the kitchen can add some appealing variation in the space.
- Metallic – This trend is all about turning to silver and gold shades for surfaces, paints and accessories within the home. Even go that step further and try ‘manipulated’ metals ranging from brass, copper, pewter and nickel. These different metals will create a cool contemporary look in your space.
- Geometric Patterns – Add some geometric contrast with innovative shapes, intricate patterns and furnishings. Surround yourself with triangles, squares and hexagons, which will bring excitement into the space.
Make sure you add a neutral colour scheme to complement the geometric patterns. This will still give that “wow’ factor without it being to overwhelming.
- Tropical Vibes – Tropical style is on the move! Bring the holiday experience back to the home with indoor plants, bold colours with lots of yellow and greens, tropical wallpapers, prints and fabrics. You will get that fun and happy summer holiday vibe without needing to step outdoors.
- All Timber – Wood is now the essential material in any home. It’s perfect for any season and will always bring warmth into the home.
Timber always helps to lift the ambience within a space and will never go out of style. With so many types of timber to choose from it can suite anyone’s needs.
- Cool and coastal – Coastal isn’t all about nautical themes with blue and white stripes, instead draw inspiration from rustic natural settings while embracing soft sand and sky colours from warm sandy beiges, seashore-inspired blues and cool grey stone qualities.
Fill your space with textured materials, weathered surfaces and lots of light. This will create a lovely organic feel that helps embrace the natural world.
- Pink on the rise – Purple and violets have been popular on the colour spectrum for the past few years but now hot pink is making a comeback and turning into the hottest accent colour of the season.
Fuchsia is also great option that is very close to the hue of pink.
Go ahead splash out with a range of pinks to make a bold statement in any room.