How to attain the right Eclectic Interior
Gone are the days where everything in interiors had to be succinct and matchy matchy!
More recently it become all about building your own personalised eclectic style.
Going for an Eclectic Interior means your space can’t be defined as one particular style – this style can pull from multiple categories mixing family heirlooms, personal treasures, antique finds, travel collectibles and so on to create a unique, one off space.
Style with no boundaries
You can easily combine a vintage painting with modern wallpaper and an antique lounge all in the same room.
You can basically suit any interior to your own needs and personality.
What can be difficult is to make all these different styles work cohesively. It can look disjointed and interconnected if you just throw everything together.
Here are some great eclectic home ideas to get give your home the perfect mix so your Interior turns out looking great and stylish!
- Be careful of making your house looking too much like a flea market.
- Make room for some space to display modern pieces to provide a nice contrast to the worn-in pieces.
- Add lots of flowers! Flower arrangements add a nice touch to any space.
- With their splash of colour and lovely scents you can’t go wrong, it will set a poetic tone for your whole house.
- Instead of going out and buying new vases how about putting flowers into recycled glass bottles or jam jars.
- Stick to a neutral backdrop and add in pops of colour and texture through materials and furniture.
- You can add life to pillows, throws, and decorative objects like bowels, pretty stones and photo frames.
- A neutral wall colour helps to tie the different influences together and avoid the chaotic look with the other features of the design.
Highlight your favourite Items
- Always show off your key pieces.
- To make then noticeable in the room try varying the levels of the items by stacking them using different heights (this can be done with books or containers).
- Try including these key pieces in high traffic areas say the hallway or foyer.
- Stick with a soft palette at first then throw in a pop of colour so your eye is instantly drawn to that area.
Some of my favourite furniture finds were found at the side of the road or at my grandparents place.
- Having furniture in your home with a bit of age to it gives it some enchanting character and history.
- Take an excursion out to some Antique stores, your sure to find some beautiful reading chairs that will make a statement piece in your living area.
- If it’s looking really worn down why not change the upholstery into a funk print – perfect mix of old and new
An eclectic style is hard to replicate but easy to identify
See what you can do now with these creative ideas and have a crack at combining a mix of different styles from contemporary, retro, traditional, coastal or tropical!
If you need help on getting the right eclectic look for your home contact Inspired Spaces today for some professional advice!