Looking to Increase your Property Sale Value by $100,000?
It’s easily achievable. This ‘how and what to guide’ is guaranteed to save you lots of money!
1. Eyes of a buyer: Go for a coffee. Come back and look at your house in the eyes of a potential buyer. Jot down the first things you notice. If positive the buyer will be interested in opening the door. If negative you may have lost a sale.
2. Curb appeal: The garden is the first thing a buyer sees so make the first impression counts. Trim and weed all plants and hedges. Make sure lawn is mowed. Use a high-pressure hose to clean driveway and any paths.
3. House repairs: Check condition of house inside and out. Note all chipped paint, cobwebs, torn screens, rusted guttering etc. Fix any items that need repair.
4. Make an Entrance: Your entrance hall is the first opportunity buyers will have of seeing the inside of your house so it’s important to stage it right. Add some lighting, decoration and clear away any mess.
5. Spring-cleaning: Clean, clean and clean again. Can you see the floor to your wardrobes? Are your curtains clean? Make sure you vacuum, dust and mop. If you don’t have time hire a professional cleaner.
6. Depersonalise: Remove all personal photographs, certificates and collectibles. Buyers need to visualise themselves in your home.
7. Focus on positives: Ask yourself why you bought your home in the first place. It may be because you have a great living area or decent size bedrooms. Whatever appealed to you initially is likely to be the case for the new buyer. Place emphasis on these features by making them spotless, well presented and accessorised.
8. Assessing each space: Assess each room individually. Make sure your furniture suits the function of each room. Coordinate pieces in your house so they match and tell a story. It’s a good idea to have feature piece in each space as a focal point.
9. Demographic suitability: Work out demographic of each buyer. Are they a family with a young child? Are they older? You then use this information to present the home to appeal to this demographic
10. Declutter: Declutter space by going through any cupboards. Chuck out anything you don’t need and put the rest in storage. This will create more space that buyers will potentially love.
If your looking for more information on Property Styling Inspired Spaces can do a property styling package which includes a home visit by a fully qualified Interior Designer (min 2 hours) with a full report on all Do it Yourself recommendations.
What are you waiting for? Call inspired spaces today.