Specialised paintscan help you create a unique decorating feature
Want a fast simple way to liven up your interior without having to spend too much money or make too much mess?
Special effects paint can help you create your own unique decorating feature in any space. Perfect if you want to give some dimension to a wall that lies flat in your space.
Now with today’s technology you can purchase about any specialty finish you can think of from metallic to weatherworn copper and rusted iron.
Paint companies continue to add new effects to paints to keep update to with the many styles and trends of current Interiors. There’s sure to be a paint to suit your home!
List of special effects paints on the market today
- Metallic – If you’re looking for a contemporary finish to give your room some edge metallic paint has the visual appeal of brushed and metal paint. Most metallic paints contain real metallic particles making the effect somewhat realistic.
Paints with Metallic effect reflect the light, so visually makes the room seem bigger it helps to bounce light around.
- Pearl – If you’re after a luxe look the soft pearly satin gleam of peal paint adds a subtle yet elegant mood to a room. Pearl offers a soft natural glow as it both absorbs and reflects natural light.
Pearl comes in a beautiful palette of whites and neutrals. By adding a simple small effect like a shimmer to feature wall in a room can really make a massive difference to the overall space.
- Stone – To create extra depth and dimension to your interior and exterior wall stone effect paint provides a textured matt finish in a range of colours and finishes.
To create a realistic rough and grainy surface stone paints contain actual sand and small particles. Finishes range from smooth stone to worn stone.
Perfect for flat surfaces like plasterboard.
- Chalkboard – An interior effect paint that transforms any surface into instant coloured chalkboard.
Perfect for kitchens, play areas and workspaces as a way to think creatively and communicate. Comes in a wide variety of fun colours.
- Suede – It has a great texture that echoes that to suede leather.
Suede comes in a variety of warm colours so perfect to cosy up a sitting or bedroom. A little goes along way with this paint especially once it’s enhanced by soft lighting. Sits well with wooden furniture.
- Limewash – It creates a soft weathered feel when applied to raw furniture and walls that have been stripped of wax and paint.
Limewash gives a milky, velvety and centuries old finish reminiscent of the French provisional style. Also a good product for exterior surfaces as it allows surfaces underneath to breath.
- Copper and Iron – Copper and iron have the great effect of an instant aged appearance on a surface. It transforms any surface to look like rusted metal including plastic.
As it is a two-part process, you can control how rusty you want a piece to look.
Dulux and Porters Paints both provide a great variety of all these specialty paints in a range of textures and colours.
For more professional advice on specialty paints contact Inspired Spaces today.