The home builder grant, also known as the $25,000.00 renovation grant, is available only for a limited time. This incentive by the Federal Government is to help create growth in the construction industry after the impact of the coronavirus crisis.
How do you qualify for the home builder grant?
As with any grant or subsidy you must meet set criteria to be eligible. To help determine your eligibility we have created the following visual flow chart.
Please note: This information has been collated to the best of our knowledge and research. However, we can’t be held responsible for any errors or omissions. It’s your responsibility to ensure your personal circumstances and eligibility criteria are correct.
Refer to the https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/homebuilder for updated information.
Each state will administer the grant. You need to refer to your specific state for guidelines and an application form.
What about new builds?
For new builds there are several more details you need to clarify. The application form will outline these.
Once you’ve completed our flow chart and find yourself eligible, you will require the following documentation to prove your claim
- Title Deed /certificate of title https://www.saiglobal.com/en-au/property_certificates__settlements_and_conveyancing/search-titles/nsw_land_and_property_information_%E2%80%93_lpi_searches/
- Copy of comprehensive signed contract
- Copy of birth certificate or Australian Citizenship or Australian Passport
- Evidence of name change if applicable
- Copy of 2018-2019 04 2019-2020 Notice of Assessment from ATO
- Evidence work has begun and invoices and receipts showing payment
- Copy of valuation of land from the bank or independent licenced valuer within three months before commencement of valuation
- If a delay in construction – extension can be permitted
Good luck with your renovation or new build.
How can Inspired Spaces help?
The team at Inspired Spaces can assist with all your renovation plans from concept through to lock up. We design your space, draw up plans and obtain any necessary paperwork including DA /CDC. We also specify all finishes and inclusions.
Inspired Spaces have a team of trades who we trust.
Once you’ve had an initial consultation we can offer packages to suit any budget. Also, all of our packages are customised to each individual client.
For the budget conscious you can select from our Essentials Package. Or for those who want abit more we have Premium packages. Otherwise, the Deluxe package is for our time poor clients. This is where we look after everything so all the client has to do is enjoy their new home.
Give the team a call on 0401 068 670 for a complimentary 15 min phone consultation and to book an initial consultation.
If you’ve not hired an interior designer before then download our guidelines on how to ensure you have the correct person. https://www.inspiredspaces.com.au/free-checklist